Thursday, July 3, 2008

God Alone

I want to approach you with something more than just my problems, but an offering of praise to who you are even if you choose to let me carry this load for a while. I have learned to worship you in "spite of…" and not "because of…" To know that you are God and wise enough to understand my needs. I trust you, I depend on you to exchange my pain for a promise that you will be there even when I'm going through. Majesty I bow beneath the throne that watches over me….alone!
Everyday I breathe is another to speak. Let the words I choose be pleasing to you and tell of how good you really are. What remains to be seen is only invisible to me, for you have seen my beginning while knowing my end. I am a puppet wrapped in the strings that your hand is holding. I will do as you command. You are Master, you are Lord and so it is you I serve and not the other way around. I am reminded of your faithfulness not because you have brought me through trials but because you remain after they have passed…. Alone!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Welcome to the land of "blog". I love it so far.